Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Manager is accountable for proactively guiding the direction of Enterprise Architecture practices and methodologies across the organization. These practices will help standardize and optimize architecture solution delivery that has broad impact to the business. This role will lead, mentor, and build a talented team of architects to ensure the organization can modernize and simplify our systems to meet business objectives.
Responsible for managing a team responsible for developing technology architecture. Drives strategic projects and initiatives while championing organizational change.
- Assesses team member’s strengths and weaknesses. Coaches and mentors while providing development opportunities. Manages and champions organizational changes.
- Communicates implications of design decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to leadership.
- Ensures architects perform research and development to validate technology options. Develops and presents technology strategy roadmaps to leadership. Documents current-state environment and existing solutions and compares to future-state solution roadmaps. Identifies opportunities to improve productivity, time-to-market, solution quality, cost effectiveness, and maximizing automation.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience with formal architecture methodologies, e.g., TOGAF
- Understands all domains of architecture and applies that knowledge to create solution architectures to solve complex business and technical problems
- Experience with modern architectures, digital and cloud solutions
- Experience leading large architecture program initiatives
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.