Senior Manager, Global Healthcare Owned Brand Innovation at Walgreens
Responsible for step-changing the growth of the Walgreens/Boots Owned Brand Healthcare business and driving masterbrand equity as innovative health and wellbeing companies offering consumers accessible value & quality. Makes Owned Brand a destination brand for healthcare and wellness by creating consumer insight-led, differentiated Owned Brand offerings. Drives volume, sales & profits in line with 3 year plan. Accountable for delivering breakthrough innovation for the Global Owned Brand Healthcare business, to contribute to the growth ambition of +30% by 2025.
- Responsible for innovating in Consumer Healthcare and non-drug condition management (digital solutions, medical devices, supplements, homeopathy, etc).
- Owns one of the core Need States (consumer unmet need) within the Owned Brands Innovation framework. Shapes the Need State strategy and road map to deliver projects within this space that will ladder up to the overall mission.
- Develops and leverages strategic external partnerships to create differentiated products and services that can be launched globally across Boots and Walgreens Healthcare brands.
- Leverages consumer insights to develop winning product/service concepts. And works with partners to develop and test Minimum Viable Propositions (MVPs) that can then be scaled by the retail businesses.
- Leads projects following Agile methodology, by validating and iterating products based on user input.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment to innovation priorities and project plans.
- Brings projects into the stage gate process and hands off to the local teams at the appropriate stage.
- Drives innovation in multiple areas: product, digital technology, services and innovative delivery and business models.
- Brings mass personalization to life in the space of Healthcare Owned Brands to add value through improved consumer experiences.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of brand management/marketing experience or High School/GED and at least 7 years of brand management/marketing experience.
- Established and proven Consumer Marketer with solid CPG experience and some understanding of OTC medicines and/or vitamins/ supplements routes to market.
- Experience with Global brand-building and innovation pipeline management across geographies.
- Strong financial acumen and experience building business cases.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working with innovation incubators and consulting partners.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working in international markets, in particular the US and UK markets.
- Experience working for a leading over-the-counter (OTC) or Wellness company.
- Experience developing digitally-delivered user experiences.
- Experience leading diverse teams.
- Experience delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation.