Senior Manager, Growth Strategy at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is a high-growth company with various businesses and products at different stages of maturity, and continuously investing in new growth areas. Maintaining and accelerating our growth requires excellence in terms of opportunity identification, strategy definition, prioritization and execution.
We are looking for a Senior Manager who will be responsible to drive strategic growth initiatives for the Split Pay Growth Strategy & GTM team which is responsible for driving high impact business initiatives supporting the growth of our Split Pay business segment and Affirm’s user network. This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with the leadership team and other cross-functional partners to drive strategic alignment.
You will be responsible for setting and operationalizing our GTM strategy and managing a team of business analysts/leads that drive quantitative and qualitative analysis needed to support the business case of key initiatives that drive the key goals and KPIs of this business segment.
The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical skills, business acumen, as well as interpersonal skills. This position is suited for someone who is ambitious, hardworking, and who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get into the details. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to innovate and have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of a fast growing Fintech company that is re-defining its industry.What You'll Do
You will leverage a deep and broad understanding of the business and platform, and partner heavily across the organization to assess business opportunities, drive key insights and own financial analysis to support business cases for our go to market approach, support prioritization and project management from exploration to rollout.
- Set Go-To-Market strategy for the Split Pay business, including defining the business goals, settling quarterly and annual priorities and ensuring company-wide execution.
- Responsible for the performance and growth of the Split Pay business; identify and build a path to continuously increase New User acquisition, lower customer acquisition costs and drive lifetime value of users acquired via Split Pay.
- Lead, manage and mentor a growing team of ~4+ analysts/leads who are responsible for integrated financial modeling, data-driven analyses to support and create business cases and segment portfolio performance reporting
- Drive the scope and definition of custom analysis to identify strategic opportunities and answer complex and open-ended business decision/optimization questions
- Turn the opportunities into championing actionable cross-functional initiatives and project manage from concept to rollout by defining and tracking work-streams, involving relevant stakeholders and orchestrating progress on quarterly and annual priorities
- Provide strategy and analytics support to our GTM/Product Marketing Managers who partner closely with Product to develop our mid to long-term product strategy
- Collaborate with Pricing, Sales and Client Success to drive new pricing/incentive strategies and recommend associated campaigns/budgets to drive new user acquisition and lifetime value
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams (including Finance, Merchant Pricing, Credit, Capital Markets, Data Science, Marketing) on projects to drive alignment on business cases and proposed go to market approach
- Develop, monitor and report on critical success metrics (KPIs) and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Become an expert in the retail point of sale financing, payments and e-commerce space
- Passion and drive to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 9+ years of experience within investment banking, management consulting, private equity, and ideally more recent experience in strategy/business operations/strategic finance functions at a high-growth technology company
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of direct reports; ideally experience managing a team responsible for business intelligence analytics/financial modeling (SQL, Excel, etc.)
- Track record of successfully driving projects from end to end (from building strategy to execution)
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving rapid execution based on those insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, and graphic - are a must
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and manage timelines/deliverables effectively
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Direct, transparent and humble
- Provide and be receptive to constructive feedback
- Team player - you go out of your way to help teammates; you win when the team wins!
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.