Senior Manager IT - Consent and Preference Management at Walgreens
Provides leadership and manages team(s) responsible for developing and implementing protocols that impact the daily operational activities of the specified area of IT. Accountable for the management of multiple sections of work, multiple teams or a major section of work within IT. Identifies, evaluates and resolves business issues. Works to resolve high-level, abstract problems across areas within specified area of expertise. Possesses extensive technical breadth.
Accountable for the management of multiple sections of work, multiple teams or a major section of work within the Commerce IT operation.
Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility. Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility.
- Manages efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives for the specified area of responsibility. Leads the specified area of responsibility to ensure performance standards are conducive to company standards and all goals and objectives are met in a timely and organized fashion.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes. Manages problems and issues pro-actively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Defines and implements consistent key IT key performance indicators in order to enhance the operational focus of the IT department.
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
- Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities. Reviews and approves any request prioritizations.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group. Anticipates process-centric, people-centric, and operations-centric ideas, issues and opportunities to move the business forward.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan and is responsible for meeting/delivering against budgetary goals and objectives.
- Researches and recommends new and emerging technologies and services within set budget that will enhance Company's overall business performance.
- Makes recommendations for specified area of responsibility regarding the operating plans for specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations of assigned area.
- Influences individuals within and outside the IT department. Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.