Senior Manager, M&A (Carve-Out and Merger) at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Senior Manager with prior experience in business and technology consulting, private equity, or corporate M&A experience to join our Chicago office and National M&A practice. Our Chicago office serves an array of interesting and exciting clients across the nation.
As Senior Manager in our M&A practice, you will serve Private Equity and Corporate clients with a focus on corporate divestiture/carve-out transactions and post-merger integration leadership roles, including, sell-side readiness, pre-close IT and operations carve-out due diligence, Day 1 readiness planning, and post-close program leadership.
In addition to client delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development (hunting new clients and building relationship with existing), along with contributing to internal practice development leadership.
Senior Consulting Managers at West Monroe have three primary responsibilities:
- Execute IT and operational carve-out / merger strategy and due diligence projects (both sell-side and buy-side) – manage client relationships, startup and plan diligence, lead discovery workshops, assess the operating model environment (people, processes, and technology), develop recommendations for one-time transition costs, and go-forward operating model (run rate costs)
- Program manage and lead multiple work streams for IT and operational transaction execution initiatives including Day 1 readiness and longer-term transition projects – interfacing to Client and/or PE Executive sponsors
- Apply functional knowledge in key shared services (e.g. finance & accounting, human resources, IT) and/or supply chain including standalone benchmarking and separation considerations
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Manage project economics including project budget tracking, client invoicing, and receivables management.
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of WM’s market-leading methodologies, artifacts and practice strategy
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal feedback
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Create and publish content to increase personal and company brand
- Assist with company campus and experienced recruiting
- Assist in business development meetings with prospective Private Equity and M&A corporate clients, lead preparation of proposals and statements of work for pre and post-close opportunities
- As appropriate, begin to drive and cultivate your own business development contacts such that you can originate and close new client engagements
- Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional and affiliate network in the local community
- Attend networking events and business-related social events in the M&A community
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years participating in team-based, client-facing management or technology consulting or IT M&A experience at corporate strategic client
- Minimum of 5+ years executing IT application (e.g. ERP) or infrastructure implementation projects
- Proven contributor with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff
- Industry experience in Manufacturing, Distribution, Healthcare, or High-Tech/Technology companies is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Proven ability to lead others in official (mentor) responsibilities as well as informal coaching
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and creative experience
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, work productively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 50% but with limited notice
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.