Senior Manager, Merchant Strategy & Planning at DoorDash
The Merchant is at the core of DoorDash. The Merchant Team, one of the largest in the company, powers many facets of our business and is one of the primary drivers of growth and revenue. We are looking for a motivated and hands-on operator to lead our Merchant Strategy & Planning function. In this role, you’ll lead end-to-end planning for our Merchant Org, including building our long-term vision and key metrics, driving new initiatives, and aligning key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and more. You will implement a structured and efficient approach to business planning at the global level. This role reports to the Global Head of Merchant Strategy & Operations.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Craft DoorDash’s Merchant Strategy, defining strategic and operational objectives
- Implement – Drive go to market planning for new DoorDash merchant initiatives and track or update business priorities throughout the year
- Program Management - Drive accountability across the organization and ensure a highly structured approach to operations, business reporting/meetings, feedback loops, budgeting, and go-to-market
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests or develop insights to inform strategic initiatives
- Influence – Work cross-functionally across the Merchant Organization and broader DoorDash to align on key priorities, North Star Objectives and resourcing needs
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Relentless – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions and hae a bias towards collaboration and inclusion
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Story-teller - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell inspiring stories and business plans
- Organized - You love structure and are highly organized and detailed oriented
- 7+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / program management / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally, and succeeding in a team first environment
- A passion for continuous process improvement and collaboration
- Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.