Senior Manager Network Operations at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Senior Manager will be responsible for leading a team of process engineers that work with key Payment Services business partners to define system and business process workflow, define process development roadmaps, and implementation plans, write procedures and controls, and assist in critical business capability transformation efforts. This individual will manage and develop a teams of process engineer professionals, leading product infrastructure and operational business process development and strategy, ensuring an adequate control environment exists and fully supporting all risk efforts
- Drives and communicates multiple product visions and road-maps and directs the team in developing complex technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Adjusts to changing market, customer and/or organizational needs, working closely with both business and technology
- Responsible for managing a team Subject matter experts responsible for the development of complex payments platforms or products.
- Drive solutioning efforts to mitigate issues/risks. Effective communication to a Senior leadership level audience
- Analyzes and develops requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces.
- Plans, implements, and executes projects aligning to the appropriate release cycles.
- Communicates project issues and achievements to the business and management.
- Manages a team including hiring, performance, coaching, and development decisions.
- Translates business goals of projects and directs the team in developing solutions that result in positive customer experiences.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Networking or IT, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Networking, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of Networking, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years in Payments industry and/or Fintech
- Familiarity with process mapping tools such as Visio and Blueworks
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, PMP, or related certification
- Agile-related certification, such as a SAFE Program Consultants Certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.