Senior Manager, Order Management at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $700 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Imagine what you could help us achieve as a Senior Manager, Order Management!
As the leader of the Supply Chain Order Management team for Zoro, you will be responsible for and acting as the face of Supply Chain to our trading partners and our customer service team. This position is responsible for overseeing the resources including the people, systems, processes and tools required to manage the overall sales order management lifecycle and the related activities required to support the execution of the revenue plan to provide best in class customer service and delivery performance.
We are looking for a self-driven, analytical, leader to manage the team of 5+ order management specialists and all aspects of the order management function with emphasis on improving operating results and streamlining existing processes. In this position you will work with multiple functions such as Customer Service, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc. to meet customer needs with a focus on business process improvement and delivering better customer experiences. This person will be responsible for handling the day-to-day processing of order exception resolution and will also act as a primary point of escalation in support of customer inquiries. As scaling and automation are a top focus in 2021, this person should be able to demonstrate the ability to drive process & systems enhancements (NetSuite & SAP) and by data driven to help us increase efficiency and reduce costs.
In this role, you should have an analytical mind and strong business acumen. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential. If you also have experience in logistics and supply chain processes, we’d like to meet you.
You will work with Grainger Supply Chain partners, especially with the Distribution Centers, to execute order and fulfillment activity in a manner that enhances the customer experience and the company’s inventory/logistics objectives.
Also, you will partner with third party logistics firms that provide fulfillment services for products that drop ship directly from the manufacturer to Zoro’s customers.
Your goal will be to help our supply chain run as smoothly and profitably as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all aspects and overall management of end-to-end, customer order activity through the order fulfillment cycle, including returns for all fulfillment channels to ensure that product delivery conforms to customer and quality standards focused on “aspiring to be customer-obsessed”.
- Lead an effective team of Order Management professionals in the management of sales order exception management and support issues related to customer inquiries, accounts receivable and accounts payable research and resolution.
- Ensure order-to-cash operations consistently drive speed of execution & operational efficiency to address order exceptions, including customer inquiries related status for shipments, cancellations, past dues and expedites.
- Demonstrate expertise in problem solving leveraging application tools including NetSuite ERP, Excel or Google Sheets, business intelligence and ticketing platforms.
- Participate in cross-functional projects that are intended to scale the business and streamline the order management workflow. Responsible for improving upon order cycle time, delivery and several SLA-related KPIs.
- Support responses to customer inquiries with effective ticket management via phone, e-mail, live chat, etc. aligned with Zoro’s brand and company values to ensure that business metrics support SLA’s and company goals.
- Solid competence in the areas of Order Management, Transportation/Logistics and Supply Chain
- BA/BS required. MBA or Master Degree preferred. 5+ years of management experience with proven success building and upscaling teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical mindset with an ability to influence decisions with teams without direct management responsibility.Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities
- Critical-thinking and innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions with exceptional financial acumen, with a focus on understanding the cost/benefit of varying solutions.
- Proven ability to lead successful teams by driving large volumes of high quality work, coaching team members for maximum professional growth and inspiring maximum team member engagement. Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent verbal and written communication skills, and requires independent analysis and decision-making.
- Ability to keep multiple functions moving forward at once
- Proven ability to lead successful teams by driving large volumes of high quality work, coaching team members for maximum professional growth and inspiring maximum team member engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change and persuade/lead others through the change to minimize team disruption. Ensure a continuously high performing team.
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change
- Domestic travel required approximately 10% of the time
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.