Senior Manager, Payer Front Office at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is hiring a Senior Manager with prior consulting project management experience to join our growing Healthcare and Life Sciences practice in our Chicago office, specifically leading our efforts in the front office space for our Healthcare Payer clients.
We’re looking in experience in one or more of the following areas: product, digital, and/or omnichannel, because in this role you will be responsible for delivering business and technology solutions to Health Payer organizations specifically partnering with our clients around:
- Product lifecycle management – support strategy and product ideation, business case development, and implementation
- Digital consumer experience – improve end to end digital, high-touch experiences from prospects to becoming members, as well as across a health plan’s producers, providers, and employer groups
- Omnichannel marketing and communications - assist payers uncovering opportunities to better meet consumers where they are, developing clear roadmaps, and working toward improved outcomes
In this role, you will:
- Lead and mentor a motivated team of professionals by actively monitoring employee development, performance management, and training; providing QA and coaching to ensure highest delivery quality.
- Solve complex client issues and act as their change agents by overseeing the overall project(s)/program, with ultimate responsibility for success or failure of the engagement.
- Serve as clients’ trusted advisor, developing POV to help support their strategic goals and foster strong relationships across an organization
- Serve as Account Manager to coordinate client activity, identify new and cross-sell opportunities, manage follow-up, and ensure consistent WMP experience
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn goals into tangible deliverables including projects and detailed proposals, requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports and project plans
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Prior consulting experience as a Senior Manager, minimum of 3 years as a Manager +
- Depth in the Health Payer value chain, a perspective on where the industry is headed in the future, and how front office operational excellence can drive a positive consumer experience and support achieving desired patient outcomes
- Strong background working within the Healthcare Payer industry, specifically around front office (product, sales, marketing, communications)
- A deep understanding of a payer’s consumers and associated relationship strategies
- Understanding and experience with omnichannel technologies (i.e. Salesforce, Adobe, member golden record, intake and quoting processes)
- Experience working within an agile workforce and transformational projects would be a key differentiator
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and experience advising C-suite stakeholders on strategic project(s)/program
- A respect for diverse experience and thought; ability to form and articulate your perspective to executive leadership
- Willingness to travel
Your Success Measures
These are the key achievements we expect you’ll have made in your first year.
- Successful delivery of multiple client projects – within the same account or across clients, measured through client satisfaction surveys and project profitability
- Contribute to the sales of the Health Payer team, measured through opportunity origination dollars
- Grow and mentor the WM team, measured through upward feedback
- Develop Health Payer accelerators, tools, and artifacts that will grow our team while providing assets that help drive client delivery
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.