Senior Manager of Production Events
Meeting Tomorrow is the behind-the-scenes magic that makes events run smoothly, from small sales meetings to massive conferences. We provide technology, audio visual equipment, and production expertise for more than 10,000 events every year nationwide. Based in Chicago’s Albany Park neighborhood, we’re a group of 100 friendly, hard-working people plus a few office dogs and a slew of beloved plants. We’re all about building a culture of respect and affection, and we offer the chance to thrive in an uplifting workplace with the best coworkers ever. Our full benefits include fully paid parental leave, 401K matching, free gym memberships, and tons of opportunities to grow your skills and career.
Meeting Tomorrow’s events are large in scale and are growing larger. As we expand, we’re looking for a leader to oversee a growing team of seasoned event managers that are dedicated to executing highly effective, engaging meetings. This is an opportunity for a leader with event producing and people management experience to come on board and make a big impact on our nationwide event processes and procedures.
Meeting Tomorrow is responsible for providing and supporting the audiovisual, staging, lighting, content, scenic and technical teams to produce a great event. Our team of event managers work directly with clients post-sale to oversee all communications and logistics that go into delivering a successful production. The Senior Manager of Production Events will train, develop, plan and operationally oversee the team responsible for show-site execution all across the country.
We’re relying on the Senior Manager of Production Events to know the ins and outs of our on-site execution so that they can analyze and make processes to improve the execution and consistency of Meeting Tomorrow’s events. This person will set standards for everything from making sure technicians are set up for success to ensuring our on-site protocols are followed, updated and consistent nationwide.
What we offer:
An incredible group of people to work with who care so much about building relationships with clients and making sure events are successful. This is an opportunity to make a huge difference in a growing company as we expand. Our leadership team will be looking to the Senior Manager of Production events to drive a lot of positive improvements on our nationwide execution of 1,000s of events a year.
Who you are:
You thrive in developing and implementing innovative strategies to support logistical processes, revenue generation, labor management, project management and customer satisfaction. You get excited about managing and mentoring passionate go-getters to achieve and exceed goals.
As a manager at Meeting Tomorrow, it is important that you live up to our core values of commitment, kindness, humility and that you are growth-oriented. In addition, we’re also looking for these characteristics:
- Process-oriented. Have you created new processes in the past? Do you love to make things more efficient? Creating processes is an important part of this role.
- Efficient and Organized. You thrive when there’s a lot on your plate.
- Dynamic. You’re able to cater your approach depending on the person you’re talking to.
- Growth-mindset. You thrive on feedback and making improvements based on it.
- Passion about events. You love every part of them.
- Proactive. You get ahead of a problem before it’s a problem.
- Leadership/ people manager. You must have success managing a team. As a manager, the team is the top priority. Being a great manager at MT means:
- Humility: you share credit, put the team above yourself and prioritize collective success over individual success
- Advocacy: you know how to advocate for your ideas and raise issues in a productive way
- Judgement: you consistently make sound decisions even when it’s ambiguous and you may not have all the facts
- High emotional intelligence: you know how to read a room, are a great listener, and know the impact of your words and actions on others
- Development: you develop and grow your team through coaching, understanding unique strengths, motivations and how individuals want to be appreciated
- Teamwork: you quickly earn the respect and trust of other leaders at MT through doing what you say you’ll do, showing vulnerability and relationship building
The impact you’ll make:
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Have a strong foundational knowledge of Meeting Tomorrow’s external value proposition and brand identity, as well as understand our core systems and operating procedures
- Have cultivated a strong relationship with the Audiovisual Event Management team and other senior leaders throughout the organization
- Understand how our current event management process works
- Work with senior leadership to identify opportunities for improvements
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Document current event management processes
- Create a roadmap for service improvements and strategic enhancements to implement over the next year
- Implement at least (6) new process changes or strategic enhancements to the department
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Maintain current execution ratings
- Improve client satisfaction ratings for our top twenty AV segment customers
- Discuss team expansion and growth plans with Head of Sales
- Have built trusted relationships with all team members – servicing as a go-to leader in all facets of the Event Management role
At Meeting Tomorrow, our mission is to foster a culture of respect and affection. We embrace our differences and are committed to having an inclusive environment. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, persons with disabilities and all others to apply.
What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in this posting, you’re ready to apply!