Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for overseeing servicing and collections. Develops process improvements and efficiencies to improve customer experience and business loss prevention strategies. Ensures compliance with all contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the team and vendors to ensure we are providing quality customer service to customers and business partners.
- Manage and build relationships with internal and external partners (including subservicer and their vendors) to manage priorities and delivery for Servicing and Collections by collaborating with key players and driving change.
- Manages sub-servicers and vendors. Tracks and reports on vendor performance against service level agreements and requirements. Reviews monthly settlements, hold backs, and servicing results to ensure all agreements are executed.
- Oversees loan transfers, process exceptions, and responds to subservice, doc custodian, and other vendor requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Guides sub-servicers in mitigating risks by improving controls, processes, and oversight. Holds sub-servicers and vendors accountable through remediation plan development and tracking.
- Enhance collections and loss mitigation strategies. Minimizes collections losses via customer segmentation and other strategies.
- Facilitates monthly calls with review oversight activities.
- Ensures delivery of accurate and complete information and reports to requesters. Explains results, trends, and forecasts. Generates servicing scorecards.
- Oversees the collection of information during audits. Develops remediation plans and ensures their timely completion. Implements effective risk management and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- 8+ years of financial services experience.
- In Lieu of education, 10+ years of financial services experience.
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance.
- 10+ years of financial services experience.
- Experience working with teams in different geo locations (onshore/offshore)
- Mortgage Servicing and Collections experience
- Lean and Six Sigma experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.