Senior Manager, Supplier Content Management, Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 400+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,700,000 unique products.
As the Senior Manager - Supplier Content Management you will have the unique opportunity to build and lead a team of Supplier Operations Specialists with a rapidly growing B2B e-commerce company. You will directly oversee the Specialists as they assist our suppliers in managing their product content via our Product Information Management (PIM) supplier interface. The Specialists will work closely with the suppliers’ teams in uploading new as well as enriched product content. Additionally this role, in partnership with our PIM Process Managers, will be responsible for supplier communication and workflows related to their product content, focusing on streamlined, timely ingestion of all new and updated content, including text, attribution, assets, etc. The Senior Manager - Supplier Content Management will report to the Director of Product Information, and work closely with the PIM Process managers and the Product Enrichment team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager will lead a group of 3+ Specialists, holding the team accountable for managing the product information collection process, specifically via the PIM Supplier Portal.
- Determine opportunities to streamline the acquisition of Supplier-sourced product content.
- Assist in the development of product information audit processes to improve content accuracy and consistency.
- Support the creation of enhanced content relationships, visual attribute groupings, and other such product groupings.
- Work with Merchandising team to determine priorities in support of their specific content requests.
- Responsible to partner with Product team in maintaining productive relationships with 1000’s of suppliers.
- Support hazardous material identification processes to assure accurate content information.
- Support our strategic plan of sku growth and continuous content improvement, including creation of new supplier catalogs.
- As the number or suppliers grows, you will be responsible for recruiting, hiring and leading an experienced and nimble Supplier Operations team.
- This is a fast-moving team, such that assigned job responsibilities will evolve as we launch a new PIM platform and evolve processes and roles to match our rapidly expanding catalog.
- 3+ years managing a team responsible for supplier relations in a large, product data centric e-commerce organization.
- Demonstrable experience working across business functions and units (i.e. Product Management, Product Information, Engineering, Training, etc.) including remote associates and international third-party teams.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team of 3+ to maximize timely throughput of millions of content updates from thousands of suppliers. Experience in prioritizing among requests from multiple teams.
- Familiarity with Product Information Management (PIM) platforms, ideally Informatica.
- Experience with JIRA and Agile development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. Interact positively with teammates and business partners; make effective presentations; and handle conflict gracefully.
- Proven Change Management skills by inspiring teams to welcome business evolution, embrace new directions, and future opportunities.
- A driven self-starter with a coaching leadership style.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.