Senior Manager, Training
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Senior Manager, Training will be responsible for the design, delivery, and management of the Training function for Grubhub Care. The role will be responsible for all aspects of training development, delivery, evaluation, and management. This is a unique opportunity that will allow the individual to develop and elevate the Training function and capabilities for Grubhub Care collaborating cross-functionally with different parts of the business to help provide a world-class customer experience to our diners, driver, restaurants and corporate clients.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Training department including and not limited to the quality of training content, delivery, classroom administration, and instructor effectiveness.
- Work with Care managers to identify training needs and develop new programs.
- Direct the training team in delivery of all new-hire material in a contact center environment
- Support the team to deliver continuing education classes to existing call center staff for new products, services, customer service skills and market launches.
- Monitor the performance of trainers and motivate to achieve high performance
- Maintain learning management system and training documents.
- Monitor and audit trainers and training programs.
- Provide performance feedback to class participants.
- Communicates with various departments within the organization such as quality assurance, human resources, and talent acquisition
- Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems,
- Display the highest level of professionalism and exhibit a model behavior for all new and existing employees.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 7+ years training management / supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Training development, instructional design and facilitation experience.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice.
- Extremely organized, strong multitasking and time-management skills.
- A demonstrated passion for learning and developing employees at all levels.
- Experience in establishing team goals and performance standards, with a track record of exceeding expectations
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to express ideas in clear and concise manner effectively to all levels of the organization
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to resolve problems
- Hold self and others accountable
- Be approachable and visible, and provide clear, consistent, timely, respectful communications
- 25% travel required
Got These? Even Better:
- Call center experience
- MBA or Master’s in organization development, training, communications or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) training and/or project management experience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - choose how your time is spent
- Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- 401K with a Grubhub match
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub credit for FREE food
- Regular in-office social events, including karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.