Senior Manager - Vendor Standardization at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Senior Manager - Vendor Standardization In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Senior Manager - Vendor Standardization to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Senior Manager – Vendor Standardization is responsible for managing vendor standardization and overall procurement strategy within key spend areas of Operations, IT, and Real Estate. This role continually analyzes and refines VillageMD's procurement and contracting practices to consolidate and reduce spending, while increasing value, wherever possible. Additionally, ensures that core vendor strategy is implemented at clinic level and that lease/vendor contracts are monetized during diligence for all acquisitions.
How you can make a difference
- Oversight of contract assignment and termination process/preparing and soliciting
- Administers the bidding process and negotiates contracts for vendor performance/compliance
- Request for Quotes/Request for Proposals, Purchase requisitions, and purchases orders
- Vendor standardization by market
- Due diligence for all M&A activity
- Vendor relations, spend analytics, and general purchasing support to the Company
- Assesses near-term and long-term plans to ensure supplier priorities are balanced with business needs
- Consults with senior management and other subject matter experts to develop alternative solutions
- Advises on options, risks, total cost of ownership, and business impacts
- Audits contracts and reconciles invoices to determine fulfillment and verification of correct payment
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s purchasing policy, provides training as needed, and recommendations on process improvements.
Skills for success
- In-depth knowledge of purchasing procedures, regulations and of automated financial systems.
- Strong negotiation skills, with a demonstrated track record of successful contract implementation, particularly in the spending areas of Marketing, IT and Real Estate
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills for drafting and analyzing RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, business documents, and other agreements
- High level analytical abilities, with a focus on performance metrics
- Sense of urgency, with a demonstrated ability to set and exceed targets
- Solid knowledge of business operations, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities within tight project timeframes
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports, legal documents, and professional/technical journals
- Customer service-orientation
- Adept in PowerPoint and Excel
Experience to drive change
- 10+ years of experience in a sourcing/vendor management and negotiating position within a large private or public organization
- Track record of strategically managing procurement and contracting functions to increase efficiencies and overall value for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or other related field
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.