Senior Network Engineer-Implementation at Ensono
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the planning, design, implementation, migration, performance engineering of network solutions. Developing and maintaining network documentation, network standards and guidelines; interacting and consulting with Ensono architects and client to collect required solution information and providing support for engineering design and implementation issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capture all user and system requirements in order to define the design requirements specification
- Responsible for providing technical input will include: preparing low-level network designs
- Implementing and testing the service
- Providing support for the service transition
- Supporting the project managers to deliver against our business plan
- Supporting & leading the project delivery team through design of network technologies
- Provide networking technical advice and expertise to service operations & project team
- Reporting into the Team Manager and the assigned project manager for multiple projects
- Support the Team Manager through the implementation of complex infrastructure that supports our project goals
- Work with technical Colleagues and 3rd party providers to deliver the required infrastructure
- Undertake any hands-on build activity to stage and commission new equipment ready for production
- Provide expert consultation with regard to his/her area of expertise.
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Analytical Skills: Network engineers need to be able to review complicated network systems to find flaws and inefficiencies
- Attention to Detail: Network engineers have to create complex blueprints for communication networks and must make sure the systems will work together.
- Leadership Skills: Network engineers may be a leader of other engineers to create the network.
- Organizational Skills: Sometimes many different networks come together at once. Keeping them, all organized will take skill.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years’ experience of relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in network architecture and deployment
- One of the following certifications CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE or another equivalent vendor accreditation
- Cisco routing, switching technologies
- F5 Load Balancing or equivalent work experience
- Advanced, Knowledge of routing and switching protocols
- Understanding of ITIL
- Checkpoint/Palo Alto or other security certifications, or equivalent work experience.