Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What is Product Operations:
The Product Operations team partners with Product Technology and Customer Success teams to have a shared goal of Quickly deliver valuable solutions with quality through systems and applications securely for Uptake customers at scale. The team is composed of highly skilled agile operations engineers where they research, architect, and design a platform in collaboration with developers to enable the shared goal.
As an Infrastructure Engineer on the Delivery Operations team you will:
- Play a key role in the organization and implementation of Uptake’s infrastructure design and support at our headquarters, data centers and Cloud server environments.
- Support and maintain
- Influence design of our global operations
- Proactively monitor infrastructure to provide valuable insights in capacity planning
- Iteratively improve Uptake infrastructure to increase efficiency and ease of maintenance
- Interface with multiple engineering teams gathering requirements and implementing projects
- BS in computer science (preferred).
- 3-5+ years of technical experience implementing one or more infrastructure components: server. infrastructure, virtualization technologies, storage and backup solutions and/or network hardware.
- 3-5 years of networking experience including firewalls (Palo Alto), routing (BGP), VPNs and switching in a global environment.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing IS/IT projects in an enterprise environment
- Experience building data centers
- Experience with administrating and building hypervisors including Nutanix and VMWare
- Scripting language skill of some type e.g Perl,Bash,Python, Powershell.
- Experience in implementing connectivity to AWS and Azure including VPN
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.