The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, and retirement-solutions businesses. Through our investment advisory subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Investment Management group seeks a Senior Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day management of operational teams supporting the Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM wealth management platform. As a senior member of our operations team, you will be responsible for executing across the organization with a focus on creating a highly collaborative culture of accountability, accuracy, efficiency, and transparency. The Senior Operations manager will oversee teams based in the US and offshore involved in daily transaction processing and custodian interaction, billing operations, implementation and account maintenance functions, as well as recurring performance report production. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Demonstrate superior level of industry/product knowledge of Managed Portfolios business and custodian and advisor workflows.
- Oversee and liaise on vendor relationships through the lens of an advisor advocate.
- Advise on overall policies and workflows by partnering with Product, Technology, and other internal teams as well as custodians and other third party vendors.
- Support and execute operations processes in support of the U.S. Managed Portfolios business and Global Operations initiative including: monthly and quarterly billing, proposal and new account linking and onboarding, data feeds and transmissions, client directed transactions including distributions from managed accounts, handling escalated requests, and providing consultative solutions.
- Collaborate on strategic initiatives, product roadmap, and innovative ideas to enhance service delivery and standards.
- Maintain exemplary working relationships with custodians, vendor partners, and internal stakeholders.
- 8-10 years' experience in investment operations roles, Custodian and TAMP subject matter expertise is a plus.
- A self-starter with excellent leadership, communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills along with excellent attention to detail and accuracy; the highest ethical standards are expected in this role.
- Ability to communicate to senior leaders internally and externally.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Maintains an execution focus while looking for process improvements.
- A bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity