Senior Principal Technology Risk Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position is responsible for analyzing and managing technology risk by providing enterprise-wide oversight and governance for technology risk management activities within the Company. Assists with the execution of various risk frameworks across the organization by monitoring and reporting on risk activities and framework compliance for identifying, assessing and reporting on risk related activities. Responsible for effective challenge of the first line in the effective management of its related risks.
- Provides technology risk oversight and effective challenge (create, coordinate, evaluate & assess): policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Lead collaborative group of IRM team members to provide oversight and effective challenge in execution of key organizational projects (OpEX and Runway)
- Lead cross-functional working group to drive collaboration and problem solving to ensure business and regulatory needs are met.
- Lead annual review process of governance framework (COBIT) to align with changes to framework and control environment.
- Ensures program compliance and executes risk mitigation activities. Leads the effective challenge of risk and mitigation plans.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and subject matter expertise in Technology Risk topics to senior management, technology and business partners
- Ensures adherence to risk management frameworks.
- Utilize available risk management tools to proactively identify potential risk exposures and partner with program offices to address potential weaknesses and/or gaps in a timely manner.
- Provide quality assurance and effective challenge regarding risk reporting including KRIs, incident reporting, committee/sub-committee and executive reporting.
- Monitors and tracks issues and reports.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Technology and Business partners, and peers.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, Information Technology, Audit, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in IT, Risk Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field, including people management
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, Information Technology, Audit, or related field, including people management
- CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or similar certification
- Project Management Professional
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.