Senior Program Manager, Trust & Safety at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Trust & Safety Product aims to create a trustworthy and safe Upwork marketplace. We do this by deterring, detecting, and addressing harmful activity (while minimizing friction to good users) and promoting user behaviors that foster a thriving and growing marketplace. Our team includes a Product Management team as well as an Operations & Policy team.
The Senior Manager will work closely with our Senior Director to build the infrastructure needed to scale our efforts and make step change improvements in our user experiences we foster. This role is an opportunity to help scale a function while making a measurable impact in a blended Product Management, Operations, and Policy team.
- Structure planning: help structure and enable efficient and effective planning and project management within our 200+ person team. Ensure flawless coordination with key cross-functional partners like Analytics, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and Sales
- Build for scale: Establish the building blocks needed to enable hockey stick growth, ranging from budget management processes to documentation to vendor management to ensure team members are rowing in the same direction
- Drive project management: Ensure seamless execution for complex cross-functional initiatives. Flag and work with our Senior Director help solve for roadblocks and resource gaps quickly and efficiently
- Distill customer insights: Build on existing feedback collection processes and establish new ones as needed. Distill these into measurable operational and product opportunities with rigorous prioritization to help shape our Product and Operational roadmaps
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience scaling high impact organizations and teams with a strong bias towards action and ability to balance both the details and the big picture
- Excellent program/project management skills with the ability to drive complex strategic and operational initiatives with measurable benefits to customers
- Extensive knowledge of Product & Engineering organizations and proven ability to measurably solve customer pain points through excellent product experiences
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience in Trust & Safety and/or Operations & Policy in a tech company
- Experience collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners
- Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.