Senior SAS Administrator at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing large scale, customer-facing applications. Designs, develops, and integrates systems for Discover’s award-winning digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
- Use and manage SAS’ Application Monitoring Software to monitor the Software and System and collect metrics for event management, incident management, problem management and change management.
- Maintain all necessary credentials required to access the Customer environments.
- Work collaboratively with SAS users, SAS personnel and other team members to establish ownership and accountability while driving value from the SAS environment for our Business Clients.
- Manage, diagnose, and debug SAS and other third-party enterprise class software systems.
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems in complex technical environments.
- Create and maintain technical and procedural documentation.
- Provide day-to-day general SAS operational solution support and SAS user support
- Perform such other activities as our management team may reasonably request
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- A Minimum of 3 years experience as a SAS Administrator.
- A Minimum of 3 years experience as a SAS User.
- A Minimum of 3 years experience using and supporting environments deployed on Linux and/or Unix environments.
- Familiarity with SAS software platforms including: SAS Grid, SAS VIYA (Distributed/MPP), SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Solutions, Containerized SAS.
- Cloud/Dev Ops experience, including any of the following: Python, R, H2O, SAS, Shell scripting, SQL, Ansible, Git.
- Prior experience with multi-tiered application architectures.
- Experience using SAS in conjunction with RDBMSs. (Esp. Teradata and Snowflake).
- Experience installing and hotfixing/patching SAS platforms.
A candidate should preferably have the following:
- Strong unixlinux scripting experience (bash, Kornshell .etc.)
- Resource should have provided support for large enterprise scale SAS Environment.
- Exposure to SAS Platform Thick Clients, such as:
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS AddIn for MSO
- SAS Management Console (Administrators)
- Exposure to SAS Platform Thin Clients, such as:
- SAS Studio
- SAS Enterprise Miner (Java Web Start)
- SAS Forecast Server (Java Web Start)
- SAS Environment Manager (Administrator)
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.