Senior Sourcing Manager (A-Brands) at Peapod Digital Labs
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
Manages "A Brands" Sourcing activities at both an ADUSA Brand and Portfolio level. Responsible to utilize data provided by support analysts as well as external areas of business to offer ADUSA Brands Period Financial Reporting on top suppliers and overall Portfolio performance. Will facilitate the preparation of materials for all Joint Business Planning sessions across the Brands and take an active role in the development and communication of Category Playbooks and Briefs for the Category Planning and Negotiation Cycles to ensure Save for Customers Targets are met. In addition to the above, the A Brands Sourcing Manager shall engage their respective analyst and assigned Brand on a regular basis to ensure expectations are being met, understand areas of opportunity, and identify the most beneficial move forward strategies. The role requires a strong track record of success, ability to lead, build consensus, and drive discussions at the Category Manager level and above. In addition to leading A Brands Sourcing Analyst this role will partner with Category Managers and Category Directors / Vice Presidents across each of our Great Local Brands, consisting of 5 brick and mortar chains with over 2,000+ stores, plus e-commerce operations.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- A Brands Category Planning and Negotiations / Joint Business Planning
- Drives cost savings through category insights and data and yield incremental dollars through Category Planning and Negotiations and the Joint Business Planning process.
- Works with A Brands Analysts and Category teams across all Brands to support the determination and execution of the Category strategy.
- Facilitate Brand level Joint Business Planning meetings and developing materials to enable Category Managers at the brands to be prepard for Category Planning meetings with suppliers to negotiate costs, performance metrics, long-range plans and collaborative opportunities.
- Accountable to monitor/oversee and influence all vendor-level aspects related to A Brands Category Planning and Negotiation cycles and financial performance throughout the year.
- Ensure each Brand and assigned Portfolio is delivering on financial targets. In the event an opportunity exist, A Brands Sourcing Manager should take an active role in engaging the Brand and support analyst to ensure a move forward strategy is developed and tracked
- Collaborate with the vendors and Brand to negotiate and communicate upcoming East Coast Events.
- Develop and maintain a "future state" savings pipeline for S4OC in service of not only current financial targets but YoY, long-term financial goals.
- Associate Development
- Ensure support analyst is comfortable in their role, understands and delivers on expectations, has a move forward plan, and feels that the have the support of (and is accountable to) their manager.
- Accountable to measure and ensure reporting associate performance meets expcted standards.
- Coach/develop/train new and existing associates to deliver on these standards.
- Holds regular check-ins (1 on 1 sessions) to discuss the bvsiness, open topics, development, expectations, accountablity, etc.
- Host collaboration sessions within each business area to encourage knowledge sharing and brainstorming
- Ensure expectations for each task is clearly identified, offer support throughout any ad-hoc request and provide feedback as needed
- Engage analyst and utlize IDP's to understand each team members goals and help develop a plan to work towards them
- Identify training opportunities / sessions for team members that could be beneficial for both their current role and also future goals
- Engage areas of business supported by each Analyst to gather feedback on areas of opportunity and/or strengths
- Period / Quarterly Financial Reporting
- Oversee the reporting out to the CM+1s and CM+2s regarding their portfolio of categories.
- Oversee the report-out on vendor performance and category performance each period, year to date, and quarterly.
- Provide insights that help inform the Brand category teams of areas of opportunity and areas of success from the previous period, year to date, and quarterly.
- Understand and delegate (when applicable) ad hoc requests that come from the Brand regarding financial reporting in an effort to make better business decisions
- East Coast Events
- Works with suppliers to negotiate ad hoc East Coast Events and potential buy in opportunities.
- Gain alignment across all of the brands of ADUSA regarding East Coast Event tactics and execution timing.
- Responsible for compiling and presenting East Coast Event final selections to A Brands Sourcing Lead and Brand Category Leadership teams.
- A Brands Cost Change Management
- Facilitate the cost change process with the category teams across all the brands
- Ensure that each of the brands are collaborating and leveraging the full size and scale of our organization in regards to cost changes.
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with specified category management group from each of the brands.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and measuring the financial impact of cost changes and any proposed mitigation plans or sticks issued to suppliers.
- Provide cost change analysis to category management regarding impact to everyday funding, scans and possible retail / margin impact.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 6+ years of related Sourcing, Negotiating, Category, & vendor management experience
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Bring category knowledge and expertise
- Have detailed knowledge of category financial drivers
- Mastery of Microsoft suite
- Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to interpret and react to syndicated data reports (e.g. Nielson, EYC, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Solid conflict management skills
- Negotiation management skills
- Category budgeting experience
- Ability to influence and collaborate across multiple business areas
- Adaptable and a change driver
- Ability to motivate others
- Active listener
- Strategic planning at the Category level
- Customer focused
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.