Senior Systems Administrator
The corporate IT team at Sprout Social is responsible for employee tooling, network, security, and support for our entire organization. We are entirely SaaS based, prefer lean, modern ways of working, and are forging a non-traditional path forward.
You will be responsible for ensuring the best-in-breed tooling and integrations are configured, managed, and running efficiently. You will work to refine our internal processes, documentation, change management, best practices, and development lifecycle of the tools in your purview. You will also work with our team to refine our internal network and provide end-user support to ensure the best possible experience for the entire Sprout team. Sprout Social is used by more than 19,000 brands around the world. Companies like Adobe, Pivotal Labs, Google, Marvel, and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
You might be a good fit for this position if:
- You are an experienced “jack of all trades” IT professional
- You’re a self starter and enjoy implementing and integrating large complex platforms
- You enjoy the challenge of making processes more efficient
- You enjoy working side-by-side with end users
- Manage our G-suite account, as well as monitor our overall mailflow and deliverability rates, including reputation, DMAC, SPF and DKIM
- Execute on our compliance efforts, as it relates to communication auditing, including GDPR and SOC2
- Work with our security and legal teams to ensure execution of any legal hold or compliance based requests across our communication tools
- Address security issues that arise within our applications or internal network
- Effectively communicate with others in the organization about approved tooling, strategy, and best practices
- Additional responsibilities as needed to support the needs of the Corporate IT team and organization
Desired Skills & Experience
Need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, in a technical field
- 5+ years of employee application management experience: G-suite, Office 365, Atlassian
- 2+ years of Active Directory and directory management
- Experience with SSO providers: Azure Active Directory, Okta or OneLogin
- Experience working in a SOC2 compliant environment, from email archiving to participating in quarterly audits.
- Strong verbal and written communication, and the ability to tailor your message to audiences across and beyond the organization
- Ability to pick up new concepts and tools quickly
Nice to have:
- G-suite certified administrator
- Atlassian Certified Professional Jira Administrator
- PMP, PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum master or other project management training
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!