Senior Systems Analyst
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions.
- Collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.Designs solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Develops and codes solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Implements some improvements in architecture, team processes, and functions.
- Understand the role of metadata in capturing data lineage, and supporting data quality.
- Define/extend meta-models within a data cataloging repository.
- Build metadata administration and maintenance routines.
- Partners with data governance, data stewards, and subject matter experts to create and maintain business definitions/business glossary for enterprise data.
- Evaluates data dictionaries for duplication, gaps and/or quality issues to ensure acceptable metadata quality score.
- Analysis of existing source-to-target mapping documents to produce end-to-end data lineage for enterprise data.
- Data tagging of business metadata in accordance with the metadata management policy, standards, and procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Programming and Design
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality
- Relevant Technology Certifications
- Basic Data Visualization Skills
- Office Macro Development Skills
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries.
- Basic Data Modeling Skills
- Basic skills in Big Data platforms
- Development Skills in Python
- Development Skills in R
- Knowledge with Metadata Hub is a plus
- Basic understanding of the importance of data
- Familiarity with metadata concepts
- Familiarity with data profiling techniques
- Basic relational database skills
- Basic Windows and Unix operating systems skills
- Exposure to data governance, data standards and data policies
- Experience with metadata management tools.
- Clear and effective communicator: written and verbal
- Ability to convey complex concepts to business stakeholders in terms relevant to the business
- Organized, structured, methodical.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!