Senior Systems Engineer
Job Description Summary
The VMware & Windows Engineer uses demonstrated knowledge and to design, build, test, and maintain virtualized Windows systems that meet business requirements as well as support the legacy Windows Server environment. The right candidate should be a highly motivated individual excited to learn and grow in their field as well as adjacent fields in a fast-paced large IT organization.
* Serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert.
* Document system design and related processes.
* Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks.
* Lead team initiatives and coach junior team members.
* Assume total responsibility for work assigned and deliver on commitments.
* Take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensure timely resolution.
* Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of the Windows and VMware environment.
* Follow all documented processes and procedures as defined by internal documentation.
* Associates, Bachelors and or Masters; in Information Systems, Networking, Systems Administration preferred
* Strong experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of VMware ESX/ESXi vSphere/vMotion/vCenter
* Strong Windows Server systems administration experience, including Windows OS 2012, in a 24x7 environment
* Experience in installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows servers, and Windows clusters.
* Strong knowledge of Windows OS, MS SQL Server, Active Directory design, ADFS, FTP, NAS, DNS, and PowerShell v1.0/v2.0
* Understanding of cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, etc.
* Familiar with disaster recovery procedures for recovery of virtual and physical Windows servers
*Fulfill both infrastructure and application support on a day-to-day basis
* Demonstrated experience adapting to changing environment requirements and managing multiple tasks.
* Experience managing servers in large corporate environments, including security, security policy compliance, and exception processes
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Ability to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities driven by a dynamic marketplace