Senior Technician at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
The Applied Technology Department is seeking a highly talented and technically strong individual to fulfill a Sr. Technician position. In this position, you will have unique and varied responsibilities. The Sr. Technician is responsible for coordinating and conducting product level assembly and developing and executing test plans and test programs for Applied Technology. The specific job responsibilities include the following below.
- Supporting all stages of product life-cycle
- Collaborating with engineering to ensure products meet Design for Manufacturability requirements
- Supporting engineering with product build documentation and product transition from prototype to production build.
- Coordinating with manufacturing teams to conduct product builds
- Developing and executing RF and digital test solutions spanning engineering builds through low volume production
- Serving as a technical expert to team on test planning and implementation
- Engaging with engineering and product leads on validating end-to-end system architecture design
- Working closely with Design, Q&R,and Manufacturing personnel across various teams to ensure visibility into the product suite, requirements, specifications, and appropriate testing infrastructure
- Identifying technical and quality problems, determines alternatives and evaluate them to arrive at a test solution
- Standardizing and optimizing test systems to drive continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Demonstrated communications skills, both verbal and written
- AAS in Computer and Electronics Technology or similar degree / Technical Certificate with ten or more years of experience in radio, LMR, RF, programming, or electronics field / system technician support.
- RF testing experience
- Familiar with environmental testing
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.