Senior Vice President, Global Go-to-Market (GTM) at ServiceNow
Role:Senior Vice President, Global Go-to-market (GTM)
Reports To:Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Location(s):Santa Clara (HQ), or Any Major US City
We’re the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion, and we believe it is great people who will keep us there. We hire carefully, we hire the best, we celebrate our people. Come join our A team.
ServiceNow is searching for a talented, highly-motivated Senior Vice President to lead the Global Go To Market (GTM) team. This position will be based in either corporate headquarters or any major US city.
We are seeking a creative and innovative go-to-market leader with extensive global go to market experience. As a member of the global sales leadership team reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales, this role serves as the overall global leader, setting the strategy and operating model and execution of the Global GTM organization which includes Top Accounts, Inspire, Value Management and Industry Verticals.
The ServiceNow charter for the Global GTM organization is to create a seamless customer experience leveraging the ServiceNow Value Methodology to ensure ServiceNow customers experience value realization at speed, specific to their industry.
The primary programs and focus areas for the Global GTM team include:
- Top Account Program: This team sets the strategy for ServiceNow’s go-to-market in the largest and most strategic accounts. Leveraging the ServiceNow Value Methodology (i.e., NOW Value) our top account team is focused on understanding the business issues of ServiceNow’s largest customers and delivering measurable outcomes that provide true business value.
- ServiceNow Inspire™ Program: A pre-sales advisory program that increases relevance with executives at the right accounts through the use of workshops and digital transformation journey roadmaps. Inspire seeks to “Inspire” our customers through their digital transformation journey using techniques such as human centered design that helps customers execute the right projects to provide maximum value.
- Value Management: This team is aligned with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Outcomes organizations. VM works collaboratively with customers to define, measure and communicate forecasted and realized value in support of transformational investments in our cloud platform.
- Industry Solutions: This team works cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Product to create industry-specific collateral messaging and products that specifically address our customers’ business issues.
The role will have direct line reporting and budget responsibilities for Global GTM Sales quota carrying and sales support roles.
As a passionate professional and expert in working cross functionally in both strategy and execution, this role requires high EQ. This individual will scale the global organization into a consistent model engaging the global sales leaders to achieve an aligned go-to-market for maximum coverage, growth and return. The SVP of Global GTM will work in conjunction with the global leadership team to set the sales strategy and operating plan for the top accounts. They will be responsible for delivering quota assigned by industry vertical.
- Develop and lead execution for the Global GTM strategy that effectively covers customer segments aligned to the ServiceNow go-to-market design
- Continuously define and refine the key sales processes that can be consistently operationalized globally and create a clear execution plan that allows the company to exceed business targets and scale
- Collaborate with Geo sales leaders to develop a comprehensive sales coverage approach that provides the right levels of support to our top account customers.
- Responsible for the development of an effective process for the recruitment, selection and on-boarding of new team members
- Accountable for team performance towards key performance indicators, MBOs and quotas
- Collaborate with the Sales Enablement team to develop a plan to on-board new talent and continuously refresh the Global GTM on ServiceNow solutions, industry knowledge, technical skills and sales skills
- Responsible for establishing and cultivating the culture for high performance teams
- Accountable to overall performance management and employee development program for Global GTM
- Collaborate with other headquarter and Geo functions to drive an aligned execution plan. Functions including Marketing, Human Resources, Training and Enablement, Product Business Units, Facilities and Operations to ensure effective cross-functional coordination for the highest levels of teamwork and results
- Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of Global GTM to execute the charter, achieve key performance indicators while maintaining alignment on the company’s longer-term strategic goals
- ~ 30% global travel to ServiceNow office locations, business meetings and customers
- 15+ years of experience in high technology leading high performing Sales teams
- Exceptional strategic and analytic skills that enable informed, data-driven business decisions and judgement
- Growth mindset with demonstrated success in managing at-scale, global operations
- Strong operational and process orientation with a proven track record of process improvement
- Innovative mindset that demonstrates a high level of imagination and creativity to solve complex organization and process issues
- Cross-functional expertise to architect and drive an integrated go-to-market plan
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of accountability and proven record of building a high performing sales engine, driving results and exceeding financial targets
- Sales tools proficiency
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance or related field
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.