Senior/Lead Cloud Consultant – Digital Operations at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
What you'll do:
The Lead / Senior Cloud Consultant will serve a dual role as a technical lead for Rightpoint's Digital Operations and Cloud Infrastructure Practice. For the cloud infrastructure practice, the cloud consultant will be responsible for architecting, building and migrating enterprise applications within Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace. The ideal candidate needs to have the aptitude to lead the requirements gathering, analysis, design, and hands-on implementation of solutions in public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). As a technical lead for the Digital Operations Practice, the solution arch will oversee the technical delivery of Managed Services NOC and DevOps services.
The Cloud Consultant will have organizational and delivery responsibility. He/She will have management and leadership responsibilities for the Rightpoint Digital Operations IT Ops/DevOps team and the Rightpoint Cloud Infrastructure Teams.
- Provide technical leadership for Rightpoint Digital Operations Team and Cloud Infrastructure Teams
- Plan and implementation lead for cloud-based servers, applications, and services
- Execute and automate the provisioning and migration of servers, applications, and services
- Ability to analyze client workloads and recommend cost effective solutions for business needs
- Designing and implementing Highly Available solutions in multiple environments such as Azure Load Balancing services, SSO services (ADFS) and Web Application Proxy configurations
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Provide technical leadership for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Collaborate with internal and client teams to conduct projects
- Provide technical guidance for onboarding new environments into managed services with an end to end solution focus
- Work with internal and client teams to provide operational support of production environments
- Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues
- Act as an incident manager
- A minimum of 7 years progressive IT experience
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with Cloud technologies (Microsoft, AWS, Rackspace)
- 3+ years' experience with Microsoft Azure and O365
- Hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Stack including Active Directory and Group Policies
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell)
- Hands-on knowledge of Networking (VPN, firewalls, switching, load balancers, DNS, CDN, Azure networking)
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.)
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone.
- Self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great.
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance.
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years' experience as an Architect or lead cloud role.
- 2+ years' experience in management or a management type role.
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience a plus (VSTS, AzureDevOps, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience with web delivered technologies (IIS, Sitecore, EpiServer, SharePoint)
- Experience with management platforms such as SCCM, SCOM, LogAnalytics, Application Insights
- Experience with virtualization solution architecture including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware is a plus
- Working knowledge of email technologies (Exchange, mail routing, mail security filtering, etc.)
Who We Are:
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You:
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.