Server Engineer at SDI Presence (Chicago, IL)
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Server Engineer is responsible for the operation, maintenance and 24x7x365 support of the high-availability Microsoft servers across multiple Chicagoland locations. As a Server Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Supports daily operations including Active Directory management, Office 365 administration, troubleshooting, capacity management, patching, upgrades and performance monitoring
- Administers multiple systems including 24x7x365 support in an SLA governed environment
- Composes clear and concise system documentation and reports
- Prioritizes and provides superior customer service in response to help desk service requests
- Performs Microsoft Windows software installs, configuration, troubleshooting
- Performs printer configuration and problem resolution – local and network printers
- Utilizes PowerShell and SCCM for efficient deployment, management, software metering and inventory reporting of workstations across multiple facilities
- Administers and maintains Group Policy Management with experience delivering various application/OS configuration settings, network drives and printers
- Administers and maintains DHCP and DNS
- Administers and maintains server hardware across multiple facilities
- Responds to various service requests for end user administration, assistance, and troubleshooting.
- Bachelors’ degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server administration experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with PowerShell required for Active Directory, Office 365/Exchange and workstation management
- Experience administering and maintaining servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple environments
- Experience with server & desktop upgrades, OS, application, and firmware patching
- Experience maintaining and administering VMware or Hyper-V virtualized server environment preferred
- Equivalent work experience or Microsoft MCSA certificate (or higher)
- Familiarity with a multitude of Active Directory health tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows server infrastructure and networks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills providing support to operations personnel
- Experience supporting mission critical systems 24x7x365 including regular on-call rotation for after-hour and weekend support
- Experience with governed Service Level Agreements
- Experience in maintaining and updating run-book documentation
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to analyze and identify root-cause resolution of end-user hardware and software problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled
- Drivers license required