ThinkMarkets is in search of an exceptional Server Engineer who can help manage our fast growing data center and cloud server infrastructure. You will be responsible for planning, successful execution and ongoing support of complex server and application deployment projects. You will be working with other global team members to provide world class infrastructure for our global business. If you are able to treat your colleagues as customers and can provide incredible customer experience for them, you are the perfect candidate for this role.
* Install and Configure Linux and Windows Systems for organization-wide deployment. Design and implement the server architecture of the firm, including back-end services such as Apache, NGINX, MySQL and scripts for specific applications and use cases.
* Perform routine system maintenance and resolve server-side issues as they arise. Review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions.
* Setup automated system backups according to company and industry standards.
* Work with business partners to meet their needs for systems availability, DR, Security etc.
* Monitor system performance to prevent slowdowns and crashes. Examine daily traffic logs and reports and setup alerts in the monitoring system to catch potential issues or recurring problems within the system. Develop and deploy solutions so that the system remains usable for all personnel.
* Provide technical support and guidance to users and other administrators. Work closely with other developers to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server-side performance. Support users by assisting them with installation and maintenance of Linux-based programs and help debug these applications so that they work with existing servers.
* Maintain system security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture. Proactively develop protections, particularly when deploying system-wide changes that can open up new vulnerabilities.
* Work with Network and Database engineers to fine tune the server architecture of the firm.
* Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in managing medium to large scale server footprint.
* Knowledge of compliance and security related procedures and data protections is a strong plus.
* Consistent upward and downstream communication.
* Experience with performance and memory tuning.
* Familiarity with cloud products and current trends and ability to provision and configure resources on the Cloud.
* Knowledge of VMWare and other virtualization products is a must.
* Familiarity with monitoring software such as Solarwinds, Nagios and Monit is required.