Service Desk Analyst I
Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
The TOCC Service Desk is the single point of contact for incidents and service requests related to employee-facing IT services provided by Cars Technology. The Analyst is responsible for end user hardware, mobile, and software purchasing, incident troubleshooting, and functional escalation. The Service Desk Analyst maintains ownership of incidents from creation to completion, and acts as the customer liaison throughout the request life-cycle.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting via phone, email, chat, and walk-up for all computer hardware, software, and peripherals supported by Corporate Technology (includes local and remote users across the country and worldwide)
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and procedural issues
- Procurement and management of mobile devices and plans.
- Performs system administration tasks through MS Active Directory, Exchange and RSA (VPN) consoles including de/provisioning new user accounts, mailboxes, distribution lists, security groups, and tokens
- Escalates more complex issues to desktop and engineering teams for root cause analysis and resolution
- Procures and supports company issued mobile devices including phones, tablets, and hotspots and handles inquiries related to plans and contracts
- Processes incoming IT service requests (accounts, purchases, distribution lists, etc.)
- Documents, tracks, and monitors each incident to ensure timely completion, maintaining ownership through resolution
- Reporting to work onsite and on time on a daily basis is an essential function of the job.
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange.
- Working knowledge of iOS, Android.
- Possesses a strong customer service focus and service orientation
- Possesses internal drive and a desire to master technical concepts
- Effective communication skills, particularly via remote means (IM, phone, email, etc.).
- Bachelors/Associates degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems
- Minimum 1-3 years customer support experience; an IT service desk or help desk environment strongly preferred