Service Desk Associate Level I
About The Opportunity
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
With a career at GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it, too!
The Service Desk Associate - Tier 1 is the key position that gets new employees up and running, as well as, keeping the existing GrubHub population technically productive. This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels. The Service Desk Associate - Tier 1 will report to the Manager of the Service Desk.
Tracking (fixed assets) and installing of new computer equipment for employees.
Setup and support of desktop applications such as MS Office and Adobe Products.
Solve problems for people and leave them with a smile.
Help solve Windows / Mac / Linux Connectivity / Printer issues for individuals.
Follow documentation and direction. Complete tasks thoroughly and on time.
Support GrubHub team members in person, phone, IM, and email.
Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow.
You Should Have
- Interest in supporting desktop services in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Imaging and supporting Windows desktop operating systems
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Knowledge of Apple OS & Hardware
- Software deployment and inventory systems experience - Kace experience a plus
- Current working knowledge of Active directory in a multi-domain forest a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Products ie: Jira, Confluence, Stash, Fisheye & Hipchat a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a project group
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual / remote staff members
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 days of Paid Time Off
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.