The Group: The Client Service Operations function supports the “smart, fast, nice” principle by creating, maintaining, and continually improving the internal service environment and infrastructure, so that client-facing service personnel can worry less about our service data, processes, and systems, and more about proactive and interpersonal client service. Client Service Operations employees seek to understand current service processes/systems, traffic patterns, and quality levels; envision a future goal state; and work continually to close the gap between the two. They are adept at balancing the needs of tactically eliminating obstacles while strategically implementing an environment/infrastructure that supports long-term goals. Client Service Operations employees are heavily focused on metrics and analytics, process improvements, staying in touch with trends in service technology, closely collaborating with our Data, Product and IT teams.
The Role: The Service Operations Associate contributes to large-scale Project Management activities, develops standard operating procedure documents, and performs ad-hoc analyses and reports for Service Operations Management. The role also helps maintain and enhance crucial elements of the company’s client feedback programs, such as Net Promoter Score and Client Satisfaction Score (CSAT).
• Maintain a working knowledge of the features, benefits and functionality of internal corporate products and processes, and serve as a resource to team members.
• Responsible for documentation and announcement of releases/updates pertinent to case management workflows.
• Develop and maintain internal Service Console training materials.
• Manage day-to-day end user requests relative to Global Client Service Operations.
• Assist in the deployment of change management activities and high impact projects for Client Service, such as migration of newly acquired firms’ users, data, and workflows into Salesforce.
• Work cross-functionally with Client Services, Data, Product and other corporate teams to identify and solve complex workflow inefficiencies.
• Monitors KPIs and performance dashboards and identifies process improvement opportunities.
• Manage initiatives related to the company-wide client feedback program such as Net Promoter Score and CSM CSAT Score
• Contribute to procurement decisions by evaluating productivity and CX tools such as Salesforce add-ons and survey providers
o Familiarity with Morningstar corporate systems (i.e. Salesforce, JIRA, Tableau, Office 365) with at least 6 months of hands on experience with Salesforce, JIRA and Office 365.
o At least 1 year of prior client service experience.
o Detail-oriented and self-starter with an enthusiasm to drive support process and knowledge sharing improvements.
o Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, with an emphasis on project management.
o Able to work in an independent environment with little supervision.
o Experience with quality management methodologies including but not limited to LEAN / Six Sigma is a plus.
o Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in business administration or information management.
o Ability to travel less than 5% of the time.
o Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate business partners in different time zones
o Able or willingness to relocate to the Chicago office.