Service Reliability Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for the operational stability and performance of critical business services. This role will be a member of a Value Stream system team, where they will be the key liaison for Business Technology Operations between Application Development, Infrastructure Services, Enterprise Architecture, and Business Partners.
- Operational Readiness: Ensures that applications/platforms in the Value Stream are operationally ready for production. This includes:
- Annual review of all SOPs/Knowledge Articles.
- Monitoring reviews for any new Feature launch or other significant changes that may impact monitoring.
- SOP/Knowledge Article review for any new Feature launch or other significant changes that may impact support documentation.
- Training of Command Center and Application 1st level Support on new SOPs, Knowledge Articles, and any other support-related needs.
- Performs Monthly Capacity Analysis of applications/platforms within the Value Stream.
- Creates and maintains operationally focused ELK Dashboards for the Value Stream.
- Release Planning & Coordination: Works with other members of their assigned Value Stream to ensure that the Production releases for their in-scope applications/platforms are properly planned and coordinated. This includes:
- Holding Change/Release implementation reviews to ensure thorough and appropriate implementation plans.
- Provides review and sign-off/approval of change tickets for the assigned Value Stream.
- Represents the Value Stream in Change Advisory Board Meetings.
- Participates in Program Increment Planning Sessions as a liaison for Operations and Infrastructure support. Provides information regarding upcoming critical changes to the Value Stream.
- Operational Performance & Stability: Works with other members of their assigned Value Stream to ensure that the in-scope applications/platforms are meeting performance and stability requirements. This includes:
- Managing Major Incidents to Mitigation/Resolution
- Problem Management: Performing Post-Incident Reviews of all Major Incidents and determining Action Items required to avoid similar issues/minimize downtime for future Incidents.
- Monitoring and Metrics: Works with Application Development to ensure that assigned applications/platforms have appropriate monitoring and metrics in place to appropriately measure performance and stability.
- Identify Functional and Non-Functional Improvements: Acts as the Operations representative in Value Stream planning and prioritization sessions to ensure that operational needs of assigned applications/platforms are addressed as needed.
- Holds quarterly Operational Performance Reviews with Value Stream management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED in Business, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Technology, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Technology, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!