ServiceNow CMDB Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
This is a senior level position on the configuration management team responsible for developing and maintaining business application maps within ServiceNow.
The Configuration Management Architect has strong technical and programming skills to develop patterns, probes and sensors in order to accurately map out critical services. The Configuration Management Architect provides process recommendations, overall technical architecture governance for the CMDB, and sets the standards for configuration management for the enterprise.
As an expert in ServiceNow CMDB, Discovery, and Service Mapping the Configuration management Architect leads work efforts for the Configuration Management team, and ensures that work products adhere to best practices for configuration management.
- Develops roadmaps, governance criteria and the overall goals of the Configuration Management Program as well as engages with strategic projects ensuring Configuration Management can deliver required CMDB functionality to platform owners
- Provide a complete and accurate system of record for platform owners
- Facilitates communication and engages business and IT management to encourage configuration management efforts and value proposition
- Provides and approves all requirements, use cases, user stories, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the Configuration Management program. Reviews and approves significant IT infrastructure changes to ensure impacts to configuration management data are properly addressed.
- Provides technical guidance to internal and external teams.
- Mentors the organization on Configuration Management services, concepts, policies and procedures and provides recommendations for inclusion in the CMDB and new IT products and services.
- Owns and Manages the Service Mapping within ServiceNow for overall discovery of Discover IT Business Services. Establishes patterns for infrastructure components, and develops custom scripts for pattern development.
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology centric field) or the equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in Systems/Architecture
- 5+ years working in an Infrastructure Services environment
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!