Shipment Specialist at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As part of the Shipment Specialist department, you will be responsible for ensuring that Echo's customers and carriers are provided with exemplary service. Major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: handling inbound calls and outbound calls, working with truck drivers, dispatchers, shippers and receivers. While handling calls a Shipment Specialist will be responsible for problem-solving and utilizing professional communication. The ideal candidate will take initiative to continuously improve the performance and efficiency of themselves and the department. The Shipment Specialist department is a call center environment with a fast paced, fun atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions:
Every task should focus on building valuable partnerships with customers, carriers and peers through proactive and effective communication.
- Answer an average of 60-80+ inbound calls daily from carriers and customers with a friendly and can-do attitude
- Fulfill requests by accurately updating and documenting shipment statuses in Echo's internal system as well as communicating escalations appropriately
- Contact carriers for time sensitive information and properly update Echo's internal system
- Monitor the team email queue and fulfill request promptly, utilizing excellent professional communication skills
- Communicate issues proactively to the appropriate manager or team to ensure problems are resolved quickly
- Express eagerness to expand knowledge of Echo and the transportation industry and is receptive to new ideas
- Add value to the department by maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player attitude, both within the department as well as partnering with employees across the organization
- Strong multitasking skills
- Comfortable working with new technology software and competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet navigation as well as a minimum of 20 words per minute typing average
- Flexible work schedule to include some evening and weekend work
- Fluent in English
- Attention to detail is paramount
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of
that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.