Software Asset Management Specialist
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Software Asset Manager provides guidance on management of software licenses for the company in understanding product use rights, software license metric calculations, and understanding software contract terms and conditions.
- Maintains software license records in the company software asset management system. Provides support for the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing.
- Maintains software license records to address budgeting, inventory, contract summaries. Responds to requests from end users, managers and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data.
- Manages license compliance for the organization, participating in software license reviews and data gathering. Assisting software owners in managing license usage and forecasting and optimizing license costs throughout the organization. Managing and monitoring software harvests and reconciliation of software license inventories.
- Monitors and manages exceptions for the end software asset receiving processes, monitors software invoices for accuracy.
- Escalates receipt issues and associated invoice concerns to the appropriate financial partners.
- Analyzes and organizes software purchase information to establish a complete and accurate summary of licenses, entitlements, and purchase history for the company.
- Evaluates contracts, purchase orders, and end user license agreements to determine software license metrics. Configure licenses management rules into the Software Asset Management system, and creates the associated software counters.
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology centric discipline) or the equivalent work experience
- 1+ years experience in financial planning & analysis
- 1+ years in a technology environment (preferably infrastructure)
- Previous experience in IT asset management and software asset management a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.