Solution Management Director
This Solution Management Director is responsible for managing the road-map prioritization, development, direction and growth of the Ascendon Solutions. Directly responsible for ideation and creation of solutions derived from Ascendon products, CSG Solutions, Cloud Native applications, 3rd party products, and hardware. This includes determining and refining solution management processes, practices and work standards that are both efficient and effective with a focus on Cloud Native Delivery Solutions to ensure maximum exploitation of the advantages of the cloud computing delivery model. Identify market opportunities and create or enhance existing solutions based on Ascendon SU-related products, cross-SU products and 3rd party vendors. Assume all solutions management responsibilities for existing, as well as future solutions, and a clear understanding of solution cycles, time to market issues, translating market and customer requirements into new solutions including buy and partner assessments. Gathers data on new solution ideas and evaluates them for market and financial potential. Works with appropriate stakeholders to determine the investment and delivery of new Minimal Viable Solutions (MVS) or enhancements to existing MVSs. Identifies and works with partners to facilitate the inclusion of 3rd party products or applications into solutions as appropriate. Works with the Customer Solutioning Unit and other internal stakeholders to design demos and other sales collateral as well as ensuring correct solution positioning in the market. Manages and reports P&Ls for new solutions that require significant investment to develop and bring to market.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote Cloud Native solution market innovation based on new solution-related functional, architectural and operational capabilities
- Understanding and monitoring market and customer needs to identify opportunities for Solutions and create execution plans to capitalize on them
- Track market trends and establish features required for strategic advantage with a focus on Cloud Native Solutions to ensure maximum exploitation of the advantages of the cloud computing delivery model.
- Engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to position new and existing solutions into the regional GTM teams and the marketplace, with sales opportunities and customers. Help position the company’s Cloud Native solutions as the dominant player in the industry.
- Validate and position solutions, as well as determine additional solution features and functions by partnering with internal stakeholders, customers and industry analysts.
- Create solution pricing (if different than list price) and ROI models, as applicable. Work with Partners as well as CSG Sales, Marketing and Finance to develop pricing strategies and strategic go-to-market approaches for Solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise and best practices to other functional teams in Ascendon as well as stakeholders that may be outside the SU team.
- Build strong partnership with Technology and Product, including Product Management, and provide insight into overall CSG product direction by contributing to the Product Management strategies as well as analyze/recommend potential 3rd party product partnership to achieve increased market penetration.
- In partnership with the Customer Solutioning Unit, manage partner relationships and establish the legal and commercial frameworks required to incorporate 3rd party products or applications into new or existing Solutions. Provide leadership and ongoing management of 3rd party vendors inclusive of vendors initial candidate determination, evaluation, shortlist, selection and completion of all relevant 3rd party onboarding activities inclusive of internal compliance, negotiation of reseller or teaming agreement, regional rollouts, educational webinars, demonstration scope, etc. Adhere to Corporate Quality Program 3rd party engagement processes.
- Build productive business relationships with new and prospective customers. Travel with GTM teams and make solution presentations to existing and potential customers. Evaluate industry trends, identify new solution concepts and offerings, market share penetration, identify market niches for potential new business opportunities.
- In a complex matrix organizational environment, build, and lead global related teams to deliver solutions for their area of accountability inclusive of:
- Managing one or more matrixed team(s) which may be cross-regional. Collaboration with other functional leaders to develop strategy and tactics for the solution GTM. Provides matrix management oversight of resources across solution initiative teams and functional areas.
- Responsible for effective communication in a matrix organization and established partnerships, prioritizes effectively across initiatives and competing objectives, and delegates key activities to resources to successfully meet needs and expectations.
- Keep abreast of market trends and developments in the communications industry by maintaining communications with experts, organizations, standards’ bodies, and reviewing published literature.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance and maintain a lean solutions management process.
- Lead and develop value propositions, differentiation and marketing messages and relevant solution programs, artifacts (including presentations, customer references, etc.) release go-to-market plan and webinar presentations. Create (author) solution marketing collateral such as brochures, data sheets, insights, white papers, etc. in collaboration with marketing to best represent the product/solution and CSG
- Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Telecommunications, Communications, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
- 12+ years of experience in product management or related consulting/professional services experience specifically within the Communications industry and/or Business Support systems (BSS).
- 5+ years of experience in solutions.
- 3+ year of experience in Cloud Native applications
- Experience in consumer, enterprise and wholesale fixed, broadband, mobile pre- and post-paid charging, billing and financial management, mediation, device/network activation.), real-time charging and policy charging and control is preferred.
- Customer Experience Management (CX) experience
- Must have domain knowledge of cloud native applications, telecommunication, fixed, broadband and mobile, content management and IoT marketplace.
- Experience in solution marketing, creation of marketing collateral such as white papers and solution presentations.
- Experience in defining market and solution requirements, working with other stake holders to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market.
- Experience influencing the work of large cross-functional teams based on solution deliverable priorities in a matrix organizational environment.
- IoT, cable and satellite BSS experience