What we are looking for:
This is a hands-on technologist role and you will wear many hats. This role would be a good fit for either a junior developer looking for early career experience or for someone that wants to be a client-facing consultant that also has technical acumen. You will be responsible for working directly with clients to gather requirements for their implementation. You will also be responsible for configuring our products to meet those requirements. This configuration happens in code and spans across several repositories.
- Ensure successful Project Discovery. Work with the CityBase Project Manager to ensure all requirements gathering is done in a consistent and efficient manner. Responsible for verifying the technical aspects of Discovery so that the build/configuration build can begin.
- Business Analyst for system Integrations. Responsible for analyzing external systems to determine how that data can be used by our systems. Integrations will be built by our engineers so this responsibility also includes writing tickets/user stories for developers.
- Configure our solutions. Using the requirements gathered in Discovery, configure our systems to meet the client’s requirements. Our approach is for Solutions Engineers to take the configurations as far as they can without needing a developer. We support this process by creating and maintaining step by step documentation on how our systems can be configured.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing. Given the completed integrations and configured products, ensure the end to end solution works and is available in a test environment. Create test scripts for our clients and help them complete their User Acceptance Testing using those test scripts.
- Process Improvement. Work cross-functionally and with other Solutions Engineers to identify opportunities for improvement which can be achieved by better documentation, better technology, or different approaches.
- Contribute to Projects alongside other Solutions Engineers. Based on our backlog and priorities, join projects where other Solutions Engineers are assigned to assist with the configuration associated with the project.
- Ongoing Client Support. As production issues arise, you are happy to support your teammates to research and resolve the issue to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a technology company and demonstrable success working in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable working with customers and public speaking (there will be some customer/conference travel for this role)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience working with remote teams.
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs, XML, and JSON a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) (currently no match)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build an intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive, and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.