SQL Database Admin
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you will develop, manage, and test back-up plans and recovery plans within our database. You will also work alongside our Engineering, Technical Consulting, and Experience Management teams to ensure database integrity and security.
- Monitoring operational performance and optimizing SQL in large database farm
- Working with developers on database design to ensure high-performance and scalability
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS
- Capacity planning
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of applied IT experience
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server configuration and strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems
- Understand various OS, network and storage technology
- Interest/understanding of Hadoop based data management technologies is a plus
- Experience with multi-dimensional datasets, OLAP cubes, and MDX queries is a plus but not required
- Ability to deploy, monitor, maintain, develop, upgrade, and support databases and database servers
- Time management and organizational skills are imperative
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels of management and personnel
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learned principles