SQL Database Administrator at Strata Decision Technology
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you will develop, manage, and test back-up plans and recovery plans within our database. You will also work alongside our Engineering, Technical Consulting, and Experience Management teams to ensure database integrity and security.
- Monitoring operational performance and optimizing SQL in large database farm
- Working with developers on database design to ensure high-performance and scalability
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS
- Capacity planning
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of applied IT experience
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server configuration and strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems
- Understand various OS, network and storage technology
- Interest/understanding of Hadoop based data management technologies is a plus
- Experience with multi-dimensional datasets, OLAP cubes, and MDX queries is a plus but not required
- Ability to deploy, monitor, maintain, develop, upgrade, and support databases and database servers
- Time management and organizational skills are imperative
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels of management and personnel
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learned principles
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)