Sr. Applications Administrator at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people can make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Specialist to join our Information & Collaboration Technology (ICT) Team and focus on the implementation, configuration, and administration of our financial software systems.
As an administrator and analyst, you will wear many hats on projects and be responsible for a variety of tasks including requirements gathering, software configuration, testing, user training, and post deployment support. You will collaborate with key stakeholders across the business on writing user stories, participating in backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, and validating whether developed features and capabilities satisfy acceptance criteria and metric goals. This is an exciting role that will present the challenge of helping our business define financial processes and technologies that will deliver greatest value to the organization.
- Install, update, tune/configure, diagnose, and administer West Monroe’s financial software applications
- Demonstrate strong understanding of financial software capabilities and limitations – Kimble, SAP Concur, etc. – while clearly communicating those to internal partners
- Work with business analysts, key stakeholders, and end users to understand and define business requirements within an Agile environment
- Follow user stories and process flows to support the design, configuration, and development of financial solutions for our internal partners
- Work collaboratively with other team members and ICT groups to ensure solutions meet the business requirements, are configured appropriately, and fulfill the user stories
- Identify and inventory software pain points and gaps in best practices, while maintaining system documentation
- Perform business process modeling, user experience modeling, and basic technical architecture diagramming
- Own problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Collaborate with external vendors to correct software errors and tune/troubleshoot applications; communicate the appropriate technical requirements to their teams for custom development
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Provide software advice, L2/3 support, and training for end users regarding all West Monroe financial systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in IT with 3+ years of experience supporting financial software
- Experience working in teams within an Agile environment and understanding of Agile methodology concepts, techniques, and ceremonies preferred
- Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems
- Demonstrated ability to act as subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering sophisticated financial applications
- Confident in writing SQL queries to pull information from specific financial application databases
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and build consensus – must take initiative and consistently demonstrate the ability to see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight/guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with Finance & Accounting, ICT, and other internal business units
- Strong written and oral communication – must be able to work well and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources
- Must ensure that quality standards are identified and met throughout implementation, configuration, and delivery processes
- Confident in multi-tasking – demonstrates a strong desire to take on new tasks and learn unique skills
- Ability to analyze, understand, and prioritize business problems – strong analytical skills, problem-solving/troubleshooting ability, customer service acumen, and quantitative experience
Think you have what it takes? Join our team and make us better!