Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
If you’re a DevOps Engineer who’s interested in bringing Infrastructure as Code and automation to IT
If you’re an IT Systems Administrator with AWS experience and open to DevOps ideas:
Rally Health is looking for a Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer to join our IT Team. A Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer is expected to be a leader in maintaining and improving the cloud and virtual server infrastructure on which the rest of the company depends. They will spend roughly equal parts of their time working independently, collaborating with other members of the IT organization, and collaborating with other departments like Security, DevOps, and Engineering. This role will require significant organizational, research, and workload management skills.
- Manage the IT AWS environment using modern config based tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Build and maintain Linux-based server solutions for IT needs in AWS and ESXi
- Troubleshoot and repair linux hosts via command line (Ubuntu/RHEL/Amazon Linux)
- Develop and maintain automation scripts, submit PRs, and participate in code reviews (github)
- Build monitors and alerts to keep uptime high, and incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, New Relic)
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure business IT infrastructure needs are met
- Collaborate with other IT teams to help them with their projects
- Remediate security vulnerabilities in the IT server environments
- Support company efforts to achieve compliance with SOC2, HITRUST, and other certifications
- Continuously evaluate advancements in server, cloud, directory, and related technologies
- Manage automated patch management and updates
- Keep personal JIRA queue updated, respond to email and chats, manage personal calendar
- Help IT maintain good working relationships with other teams
- Seek opportunities for professional development
- participate in a reasonably shared on-call rotation
- We handle healthcare data, so you'll be expected to observe HIPAA and related laws, and think critically about decision-making and data-defense
- 3+ years of practical AWS experience or equivalent capability (EC2, EFS, CloudFormation, RDS, VPC configuration)
- 2+ years of experience being a senior member of a technical team
- Capable of making situational architecture decisions
- Proficient with one or more non-bash scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Proficient in Bash scripting
- Experience configuring Linux hosts using tools like Ansible, Packer, or Chef
- Team player, can operate independently and shows initiative
Our projects are run without regard to geography. You will be working on teams with members in Washington, D.C., Chicago, and San Francisco, so we are looking for you to join any of those offices.
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.