At West Monroe, our people are our business
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
- Collaborate with West Monroe Incident Commanders and Forensic Investigators to plan, coordinate, and execute remediation activities during client security incidents (I.e. data breaches or ransomware events) – post breach.
- Work through determined incident triage and assess the effectiveness of various tactics/strategies to make rapid decisions on appropriate courses of action.
- Spearhead reactive and proactive Threat Hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, and log analysis.
- Review and recommend technical, processes, and physical controls to mitigate damage from breach presence.
- Engineer and deploy cybersecurity & infrastructure solutions to counteract future unethical hacking.
- Mentor and enable junior consultants to develop additional forensic, response, and threat hunting capabilities.
- Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals, including detailed work plans and cost estimates, to assist in sales efforts and develop client relationships, as well as new opportunities.
- Promote thought leadership in emerging forensic and investigation technologies by developing partnerships, leveraging go-to-market offerings, speaking at events, representing us at tech conferences, writing blog posts, etc.
- 2-7+ years of experience within cybersecurity, incident response, IT risk management, or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in management consulting or tech consulting – strongly preferred at Senior Consultant+ level.
- Professional-level certs – CISSP, CHFI, CFCE, CEH, OSCP, CISM, GIAC – strongly preferred at Sr Consultant+ level.
- BS/BA degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Business, Math, or another related field preferred.
- Well-versed in incident response engagements, preferably at the enterprise level: technical recovery, legal or compliance notifications, IR plan development, tabletop testing, etc.
- Strong understanding of application, database, authentication, and network security principles.
- Advisory experience in compliance or regulatory frameworks (I.e. HIPAA, PCI, NIST).
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences during crisis situations (I.e. executive or board level presentations).
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – up to 80% domestic travel.
- Ability to read/write software code or scripting language: C# .Net, Java, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Cloud security & governance exposure across AWS, Azure, or GCP platforms.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure: hosting, storage, networking, hard servers & server virtualization, software/hardware tools, and application platforms.
- Practical experience with emerging, innovative technology/concepts: IoT cybersecurity, Data Science/AI/ML, blockchain technology, serverless computing, robotics process automation, biometrics, etc.
- Cisco/Juniper networking certifications; PMP, PgMP.