At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Digital Forensics Consultant to join an elite team and help resolve complex client breaches during and after Incident Response & Recovery (IR&R) engagements. In today’s digitally connected world, cyberattacks like data breaches and network intrusions can often handcuff even the most sophisticated enterprises – many of which rely on West Monroe to help them navigate through the crisis. Our cybersecurity/IR&R consultants investigate these attacks, uncover critical information, and utilize their findings to engineer a real-time fix. As a Digital Forensics consultant, you would initially be tasked with computer imaging & analysis, ransomware remediation, forensic lab management, and creating investigative summaries.
- Collaborate with IR&R consultants to plan, coordinate, and execute remediation during client security incidents – post breach (I.e. Ransomware event)
- Apply forensic methodology and analysis to a variety of file systems (I.e. FAT, NTFS, HFS, ext2, ext3) to retrieve data, and identify, contain, eradicate, and recover client information assets from risks caused by the breach
- Assess infected hardware devices, software, and mobile applications to create investigative summaries and generate extraction reports for client/executive presentation(s)
- Spearhead reactive and proactive threat hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, and log analysis
- Review and recommend technical, processes, and physical controls to mitigate damage from breach presence
- Assist in the deployment of cybersecurity & infrastructure solutions to counteract future unethical hacking
- Promote thought leadership in emerging forensic and investigation technologies by developing partnerships, leveraging go-to-market offerings, representing us at tech conferences, writing blog posts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-7+ years of experience that has focused on IT, cybersecurity, digital forensics, and/or incident response
- Proficient with DF investigation tools: Carbon Black, EnCase Endpoint Investigator, F-Response, FTK, Exabeam, etc.
- Preference for professional level certifications: CISSP, CFCE, GCFA/GIAC, EnCE, CEH, OSCP, etc.
- Preference for experience working on IR&R engagements: technical recovery, IT forensic investigation, threat hunting, legal or compliance considerations, IR plan development, tabletop testing, etc.
- Basic understanding of application, database, authentication, and network security principles
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (I.e. executive or board level presentations)
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.