Sr. Director, Warehouse Safety & Ops Training at KeHE Distributors
The culture at KeHE is unique and transformative. Our purpose statement as a company is that "We Serve to Make Lives Better." Serving is at the core of who we are, and reflected in the way we lead, the way we treat our customers, the decisions we make about people, and the way we give back to the world around us. By staying true to these values, our company has created a unique and special working environment for our people that has fueled record growth for over a decade.
The Sr. Director, Warehouse Safety & Ops Training will sit in our Naperville Corporate office in a Hybrid model. This role will manage a team of direct reports and oversee the effectiveness of all warehouse safety programs and initiatives and warehouse operations training, including the onboarding of all front-line employees across all warehouse locations.
- Develop and continuously transform and improve warehouse operations training programs for the front-line warehouse workforce.
- Continuously modernize the training approach using the latest learning methods, tools, and technologies
- Evaluate and oversee the effectiveness of the training programs and on-site trainers
- Establish strong partnerships with distribution centers, cross-functional departments to promote and accomplish safety objectives and onboard new hires.
- Develop awareness, buy-in, and engagement with Warehouse operational team members in support of accident prevention programs.
- Streamline core safety programs throughout organization by engaging stakeholders and strategizing safety improvements.
- Manage outside vendor partners to promote and accomplish safety objectives.
- Lead all warehouse training and onboarding programs and initiatives
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure successful onboarding of new hires
- Manage the long-term sustainability of core safety, accident prevention and risk control and environmental programs for all retail divisions.
- Stay abreast of the latest federal and state Occupational Safety and Health regulations and ensure they are applied appropriately across all warehouse locations.
- Lead special projects and bring them to effective and successful completion
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Preference for advanced degree or certifications in related safely or adult learning fields
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, with preference for grocery experience
- Experience leading and managing others
- Proven track record leading safety and training programs in a warehouse setting
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to formulate and execute company-wide policies and processes.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills designed to resolve complex company issues and affect behavioral change.
- Excellent collaboration skills in working with subject matter experts to improve safety culture throughout enterprise.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills to manage and execute large scale safety projects with high financial impact to the company.
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies and technologies.
- Proficiency using Oracle, Salesforce platforms preferred.
- Proficient in use Microsoft Excel to manage and manipulate data
- Proficient in use PowerPoint to communicate information and guide decisions
- Solid project management and time management skills
- Exhibits a growth mindset; open to coaching and feedback; continuously learns
- Demonstrates a passion for the unique mission and values of KeHE
Travel Requirements: 50%
- Periodic, multi-state travel may be required.
- Travel may include transport by airplane, rail, rental, or personal motor vehicle.
Physical Work Environment:
- Work is performed is typically performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work is fast paced; occasional evening and weekend work may be required.