Sr Field Service Technician at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewDeveloped for law enforcement, by law enforcement, Vigilant Solutions has created the most comprehensive online platform for generating investigative leads for law enforcement agencies throughout the world. By combining an advanced suite of license plate recognition (LPR), facial recognition, parking, and ballistics technologies with unmatched analytics and exclusive content, our organization seeks to improve safety for both officers and communities alike. Vigilant Solutions helps law enforcement agencies to investigate crimes such as criminal homicide, forcible rape, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, motor vehicle theft, arson, and kidnapping. Our platform provides law enforcement with intelligence to combat broader issues such as narcotics, gangs, organized crime, terrorism, and narcotics trafficking. A hallmark of Vigilant’s solution includes the ability for agencies to share real-time data nationwide amongst over 1,500+ agencies and tap into our exclusive commercial LPR database of vehicle detections – helping to set our platform apart.
We are looking for a self-starter Sr. Field Service Technician to deliver the desired customer service experience. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
The Sr. Field Service Technician will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- On-site System Start Up and Commissioning of Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) cameras in both a mobile and fixed environment across the western US.
- Configuring cameras and software within the end customer’s network environment (firewalls, VPN, security programs, etc).
- Troubleshoot system failures that may be a result of hardware failure, network or software configuration issues.
- Diagnosing technical issues and determining proper solutions.
- Train administrators and end users on full suite of ALPR products, including PC client applications and back office hosted server applications for Law Enforcement.
- Train and supervise third party integrators on the installation of mobile and fixed ALPR cameras.
- Coordinate site surveys, third party contractor installations, training and service calls with customers and post-sale support teams.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports with customer sign off and acceptance.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical teams and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- 5+ years of Electronics Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service.
- Windows administrator, windows networking, TCP/IP, WiFi/Router configuration, IP device configuration, strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills. Law Enforcement environment a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Able to train/demonstrate hardware and software product capabilities in a classroom style setting.
- Installation project management, coordinating with internal external resources to see customer installation from conception to completion. City Government and Law Enforcement environment a plus.
- Travel throughout West Coast.
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 5+ years experience as an Electronics Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service or similar
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.