Sr Major Incident Manager at Ensono
Ensono is looking for a Major Incident Manager to join its Global Major Incident Management team. The Incident Manager (IM) applies, improves, and maintains our Global Major Incident Management processes through collaborative engagement with all areas and levels of our support organization. During service impacting events the IM; ensures timely escalation of the event, coordination of support resources, drives service restoration activities, manages timely event communications, and supports root cause analysis & follow-up. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring that all associated event and response detail is documented for critical incidents and delivered within defined targets to both Problem Management and key stakeholders. 11am CT to 8PM CT Sunday through Thursday
Some of the things you will you be doing:
- Managing critical events, which includes; facilitating triage calls to engage technical support teams, coordinating service restoration activities, and communicating all relevant details to key business and client stakeholders,
- Ensuring that our ITIL aligned Incident Management processes are followed so that event management is consistent throughout the organization & the Incident lifecycle.
- Documenting all details related to Major Incidents; persons & teams engaged, service restoration activities, associated results, root cause results, preventative action items, for Problem Management.
- Conducting after-action reviews & RCA investigations with all parties actively engaged during a Major Incident and participating as needed in the Problem Management process as part of the investigatory team.
- Working as part of a regional team to cover Major Incident response for the week (Mon-Sun), during the assigned shift (normal business hours).
- Participating as a member of the global team to coordinate seamless transition of active events across and between regions (follow the sun), and participate in and assist with communications, reporting, and follow up actions.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required in all aspects of this role. You will need to use proper spelling, grammar, business language to effectively communicate with key stakeholders & leadership (both internally and with our clients).
- Solid interpersonal skills and a positive disposition are essential to working effectively across the organization to drive results, and a strong desire to help others succeed will be key in working and collaborating as part of our global team.
- Ability to self-motivate, and identify & implement appropriate day to day actions, with high level direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to identify or infer from information available, the impact to business resulting from a service event and determine & drive the escalation and response plan appropriate to that impact.
- Ability to effectively translate complex technical details into business equivalent terms for communication to a wider non-technical audience.
- Matrix leadership of both local and remote support resources, to quickly and accurately identify current state and drive toward desired state, by managing multiple concurrent activities without becoming stressed.
- Outgoing & collaborative approach to daily work and interactions, and a no-nonsense approach to solving problems and driving results.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite & Desktop publishing (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) is required for this role.
- Strong understanding of ITIL and Incident Management and Problem Management Processes.
- Managing client and executive leadership.
- Quick response to the situation.
- Experience with automation and monitoring technologies.
- Strong Problem Solving and out of box thinking.
- Friendly, outgoing, positive approach to daily work and interactions, and driving results.
Experience & Education
- College degree in a technical field with Management degree with relevant experience.
- 10+ years working in an Operational are of IT, within a large or multi-client environment, in any of the following:
- Must have experience in managing client triage bridge
- Senior/Lead technical support role,
- Within a 24x7 Network Operations, Security Operations, or Customer Service Center,
- Incident Management with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility or satisfactory (or better) results.