Sr. Manager, Category
Peapod.com is the leading grocery delivery provider in the nation and we’ve been delivering innovative solutions for customers for over 25 years. Our goal is to “Amaze & Delight” each of our customers, every day. We are an innovative workplace where open-mindedness and new ideas are encouraged!
The Category Manager will be responsible for meeting the e-Customer grocery needs and driving business growth. Drive continuous improvement in efficient business process, utilizing category/consumer insights, eCommerce best practices, effective communication and collaboration with partners including the Sales team, Marketing, Supply Chain and vendors.
- Oversee merchandising assistant in assuring data integrity, promotions, retails, costs,subs, new item setup, and Item Master
- Manage financial processes including budgeting, forecasting, modeling, vendor funding, reporting, project financing, etc.
- Responsible for category financial metrics ranging from sales to product margins including basket growth and Customer metrics
- Develops and executes customer-focused eCommerce category plans. Manage assortment and selection for assigned categories.
- Execute and manage replenishment, service levels and inventory
- Work with aligned departments to ensure category performance to include increasing sales, improving margins and growing baskets
- Develop innovative concepts and programs to promote/market the category and/or corporate brands
- Collaborate with AUSA merchandising to best understand and respond to needs/opportunities
- Hold vendors accountable for agreement terms
- Interface with PPP lead to ensure vendor overlays/ “accelerators” are connected to merchandising strategies/plans to drive growth
- Lead quarterly planning meetings with Operations/Marketing to drive Seasonal alignment and ensure strong execution
- eCommerce experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 6-8 years Merchandising Experience
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.