Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for implementing company-wide transformation of Discover Management System. Responsible for teaching, coaching and facilitating lean management practices and principles to business teams, in order to drive business impact while instilling a culture of continuous improvement. Serves as thought leader for standards, methods, tools and measures of success / assessment criteria.
- Leads improvement efforts in Value Streams or smaller Business Units teams. Coaches and develops teams to drive material improvement.
- Leads and/or participates in technical expert groups to maintain and improve standards and methodologies.
- Engages with and establishes trusted working relationship with business unit and/or value stream teams to understand their business objectives and develop improvement plans that deliver material impact.
- Supports business leaders in developing the diagnostic and design for their area. Conducts training, workshops and assessments to advance DMS maturity in the organization.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Operations Management, Quantitative, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Engineering, Operations, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Process Management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement, Strategic Change Management, Training, Development, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Operations Management, Quantitative, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Management Consulting, or related field
- Lean Certifications: Black belt or Master Black Belt
- Agile related certification, SAFE Program Consultants Certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.