Sr. Manager, Expert Services at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Senior Manager, Expert Services is a key member of the Customer Outcomes leadership team – responsible for delivery execution and people management of the ServiceNow Customer Engagement team.
This individual is accountable for adherence to the Global Services Delivery Framework, regional revenue attainment, KPI analysis and new hire on-boarding.
The Customer Delivery Manager works closely with the Services Sales team in Pre and Post sales activities, and partners with all other Global delivery teams to maintain a high standard of service to ServiceNow customers.
- Provide day-to‐day guidance to Customer Outcomes engagement management staff to ensure timely, high quality delivery of implementation projects.
- Be the focal point for delivery questions or concerns from internal stakeholders or customers. This could include – customer governance calls, internal project reviews and escalations.
- Ensure adherence to the Global Services Delivery Framework and operational excellence through high degree of rigor and attention to detail on project execution – including planning and revenue forecasting.
- Clearly communicate to management issues that may affect scope, budget or timeliness of delivery of a world class customer experience.
- Strong collaboration with Services Sales, Customer Success, Expert Services, Resource Management and other Global Delivery teams to achieve outstanding customer delivery.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building with account teams and Partners to achieve outstanding customer delivery.
- High ability to resolve delivery challenges quickly and effectively in an effort to minimize impact on budget and timelines while maintaining high customer satisfaction levels.
- Management of Revenue, Cost and Margin for regional delivery implementations.
- Serve as a mentor to team members.
- Provide direction and leadership for new hires, ensuring adherence to the enablement plan and new hire ramp times.
- Determine training and development requirements for team and produce team and individual training plans. Adapt these as necessary to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Conduct performance reviews of team using KPI results and other factors.
- Work with the Geography’s Customer Outcomes Delivery Leader to continuously improve the skills and quality of the individuals in the organization.
- Work closely with Resource Managers and Global Delivery technology practices to support the staffing of projects with the right resources, with the right skills, at the right time.
- Provide a feedback loop into Global Delivery for resource, process and technical continuous improvement
- Manage team members to achieve utilization targets on a quarterly basis.
Role Specific KPIs:
- Financial – Revenue, Cost and Margin
- People – Billable and Productive utilization
- Customer – Customer Satisfaction scores for region
Other Functional Measurements:
- People – Personal growth and development of staff
- People – Productive and billable utilization
- People – Strong Employee Voice Survey results
- Customer – Delivery Backlog Management
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a professional services organization with prior background in one (or more) of the following roles (required):
- PMO Leader, Program/Project Management
- Product Management
- Services or Solution Sales
- Process Engineering
- 10+ years of consulting experience for complex, global organizations.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of twenty or more employees.
- Experience designing and developing service capabilities and developing and running service portfolios.
- Proven ability to influence and consult successfully on the subject of IT Operations and/or Digital Transformations.
- Experience working with service channel organizations and their partners.
- Strong experience and capability to speak to customer leaders (including CXO roles) to extract outcome expectations, and to influence their thinking and directions.
- Highly motivated, driven and passionate about the intersection of technology and business challenges.
- Dedication and commitment to customer success.
- A determination to make things better each day.
- Strong people development, including coaching and mentoring for management, business and technical roles.
- Ability to learn, understand and maintain knowledge of complex technical solutions and ability to present these concepts in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- Ability to interface and develop relationships with other ServiceNow departments, in particular Product Management, Product Development, Product Marketing, Training, Sales, Presales and Enablement teams.
- Excellent oral, listening and written communication skills, including presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management, and entry-level personnel across a wide number of ServiceNow departments.
- Initiative - Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Ability to drive deliverables and results, which involve people who do not directly report to you.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding and prior use of business tools and/or software, such as:
- ServiceNow Platform, or similar platform-based solution
- MS Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Professional Services Automation tools, such as NetSuite OpenAir
- Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau
- Workforce management tools, such as Workday
- Travel required up to 50%.
- Business Opportunity Identification, Analysis and Development
- Consultative Perspective
- Directs Work
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Change
- Manages Complexity
- Manages Conflict
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Plans and Aligns
- Project Management / Leadership
- Staffing, Capacity Planning, Market Support and Operations
- Strategic Mindset
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Synthesizing and Simplifying
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.